TWO mass graves have been discovered by Gaza’s Health Ministry and the Civil Defence Forces in the north of the Gaza strip.

The first was found at al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, while the second was found in Beit Lahiya.

Israeli forces have attacked and besieged the hospital several times since October 7, leaving it largely in ruins.

READ MORE: Watch as Mhairi Black takes on Tory hypocrisy over Iran's attack on Israel​

Thousands of medical staff, patients and displaced families were at the facility during the attacks.

News outlet Al Jazeera reports that nine bodies were discovered before officials stopped digging amid fears they could be targeted by Israeli drones hovering above them.

The uncovered bodies had not fully decomposed, which indicated they had been killed recently. Some who were found appear to have been patients at the hospital.

Some were found with medical bandages and catheters still attached to their bodies.

Doctors and staff at the hospital said some people had been killed outside the main gate of the hospital, saying they had witnessed killings and burials.

It was further reported by Al Jazeera that the killings occurred as people were going through a checkpoint set up by the Israeli military during its incursion of the northern part of the Strip.

Meanwhile in Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza, another mass grave containing about 20 decomposed bodies was discovered.

Residents said the bodies belong to the Al-Assaf family, and said they were killed during an incursion by the Israeli military forces in the area four months ago.

Hamas has said the latest discovery indicates that there are “no limits” to what Israeli forces are willing to do.

READ MORE: Rishi Sunak fails to attend boycotted Eid party at Downing Street

“The series of ongoing violations, including the discovery of mass graves in al-Shifa, cases of execution, and the hundreds of bodies that remain under the rubble… are clear and well-documented war crimes,” it said.

Almost 34,000 Palestinians have been killed since Israel’s bombardment started following Hamas’s attack on October 7.