HIBERNIAN midfielder Andrew Shinnie has promised there will be more to come from him after he impressed during his first full 90 minutes in seven months.

The playmaker moved to Easter Road on loan after finding himself frozen out at Birmingham City. The signs are already positive for Leith boss Neil Lennon after the former Inverness man produced a goal and an assist on his home debut, against Morton.

Shinnie headed Hibs in front after 29 minutes and Grant Holt added a second, just before the break, with his first goal for the Edinburgh men.

Jason Cummings then finished off from a Shinnie cross and Brian Graham completed a 4-0 rout of the Greenock side with a goal on his first Hibs appearance.

Shinnie told HibsTV: “It was a great start for me at the club. I was delighted to get my first goal on my first start and the boys were brilliant, too. I thought I did well but could have done better. There were a couple of times I got caught on the ball but it was my first game for a while. The sharpness will improve.

“Now it is just about getting back playing. I was delighted to be out there and I enjoyed it. It was great to wake up on Saturday and know I had a game to play. It was great to have that feeling of playing 90 minutes, to feel tired after a hard shift, and I did feel tired at the end.”

The win moves Hibs clear at the top of the Ladbrokes Championship but Raith Rovers are just two points behind after fighting back from two goals down against Dundee United. The Tannadice hosts netted through Willo Flood and Cammy Smith (penalty) before the Fifers got going

Jordan Thompson reduced the deficit after 38 minutes when he fired past Cammy Bell. And Kevin McHattie slammed home a superb 25-yard effort after 72 minutes to earn Gary Locke’s men a point.

Queen of the South stay third after Derek Lyle’s 100th goal for the club earned them a 1-0 win over Dunfermline Athletic.

Falkirk were narrow winners over Dumbarton, with Lee Miller smashing home at the back post four minutes from time to secure a 1-0 triumph for the Bairns.

St Mirren avoided dropping to the bottom of the table when Tom Walsh’s last-minute equaliser cancelled out Jamie Adams’ goal for Ayr United.