VIDEOS of drunk British tourists flouting social distancing rules in Spain have sparked anger among locals fearful of a second wave of Covid-19.

Clips shared online showed tourists dancing on cars, failing to wear masks and gathering close together in large groups.

Just days ago the UK Government gave the go-ahead for holidaymakers in England to travel to Spain without needing to self-isolate for 14 days on their return.

In Scotland, tourists entering from Spain are still required to quarantine due to the high level of coronavirus in the country. Two regions there were recently put back into lockdown following new outbreaks of the virus.

The videos are concerning Spaniards, who fear their sacrifices could have been for nothing.

The country had a stricter lockdown than the UK, with people forbidden from even going outside for daily exercise during the initial weeks.

Online, residents expressed anger over the scenes of drunk and disorderly Brits. “Parts of Spain in lockdown, the elderly shut away in care homes, we all wear masks in the street, but in Magaluf the antisocial and irresponsible Brits do whatever they please. It’s shameful,” one person wrote.

Another asked: “For this, the borders are opened?

“So that English drunks can drink for cheap and mess it up without any control? And then the rest of the businesses have to adopt extraordinary measures to be able to open.”

In Majorca, face masks are mandatory in all public spaces besides the beach. Newspaper El Pais states those who violate the rule will face fines of up to 100 euros.

Gatherings in public and private spaces are limited to 70 people outdoors and 30 people indoors. Events that exceed restrictions are deemed illegal and organisers can face fines of up to 60,000 euros – those who attend could be fined up to 3000 euros.

So far at least 60 illegal parties have been reported to authorities in Majorca since tourists returned in recent days and weeks.

The area’s emergency services said they managed three incidents of crowding on beaches in just 24 hours.

On Twitter the service wrote: One [incident] was for exceeding the permitted capacity and two for the massive influx of young people during the morning.

“Remember! Respect the safety distance.”