SATELLITE photos showing new activity at a North Korean rocket launch site have raised fresh doubts that Kim Jong-un will ever give up his drive for nuclear weapons.

But US President Donald Trump has said he is still hoping to reach an agreement on the issue that eluded the leaders at their summit in Vietnam last week.

The president said his relationship with the North Korean leader remains “good”, even though Trump walked away from negotiations.

He said at the time that the North’s concessions on its nuclear programme were not enough to warrant sanctions relief, and added on Wednesday that he would be unhappy if reports prove true that Kim is rebuilding a launch site.

The North Korean leader had promised in Vietnam to extend his ban on nuclear and rocket tests. Asked about reports of new work at the Sohae Satellite Launch Station, which is tucked into the hills north-west of Pyongyang, Trump said: “I would be very, very disappointed in Chairman Kim.”

Past US administrations have discovered the perils of trying to do business with North Korea, which has a history of backing out of agreements.

A POLICE officer in the US has been found guilty of manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a stranded black motorist.

Nouman Raja is the first officer in the state to be convicted of an on-duty shooting in 30 years. He has since been fired.

A jury found Raja guilty on Thursday in the October 2015 shooting of 31-year-old Corey Jones. Raja now faces up to life in prison when he is sentenced.

Raja was in plain clothes and driving an unmarked white van in the dark when he drove the wrong way up a highway off ramp to Jones’s broken down vehicle.

Prosecutors said an audio recording reveals Raja never identified himself and approached Jones aggressively, making him believe he was being robbed.

They say that caused Jones to pull his legally possessed handgun. Raja then shot him repeatedly.

TWO formerly conjoined twin sisters have arrived home in Bhutan after being separated in an operation in Australia.

Twenty-month-old Nima and Dawa returned on Thursday after a 22-hour flight from Melbourne with their mother, four months after their operation.

The girls had been born joined at the torso and shared a liver and walked independently for the first time.

Barely controlling his emotions, their father Sonam Tshering said it was like a miracle.

The girls were separated by a team of 25 surgeons, nurses and anaesthetists in an operation in November at Melbourne’s Royal Children’s Hospital.