RANGERS put a poor first-half performance behind them to reach the semi-finals of the SSE Scottish Women’s Cup with a 3-0 win over Hamilton Accies. Also through to the last four are Hibernian, Glasgow City and SWPL2 leaders Forfar Farmington.

Rangers scored twice in four second-half minutes after a forgettable first half. Their first goal came in 55 minutes when Accies failed to keep out an Amy Muir free-kick from the left edge of the box and the second was an own goal, Gillian Inglis heading a Claire Adams cross past her own keeper.

Rangers made sure of the win when Hayley Sinclair made the most of more poor defending with a lob 16 minutes from time. “There was a recognition from all the players at half-time that they didn’t perform any where near what they usually do,” said head coach Amy McDonald.

“In the second half they started to show the ability they have. It’s a huge achievement for the all the girls to get into the semis. We did a bit of goal-setting when I came in and that was one of the targets.”

There were hat-tricks for Lisa Robertson and Katey Turner in Hibs’ 9-0 demolition of Glasgow Girls, who are third in SWPL2. The holders led 5-0 at half-time and went on to add four more.

The other scorers were Emma Brownlie, Chelsea Cornet and Kirsty Smith. “I’m happy – nine goals, a clean sheet and a semi-final,” said head coach Chris Roberts, who was pleased with midfielder Robertson’s contribution. “She rarely scores three goals in a season, never mind three in one game, but we’ve been playing her a bit higher. She’s a top player and it was good Katey getting a hat-trick as well.”

Jeanfield Swifts held out for 28 minutes against Glasgow City, but were four goals behind at the interval. Noelle Murray got the first and new Ireland captain Katie McCabe two – her first goals for the club – before Abbi Grant got the fourth. Jo Love and McCabe, with her hat-trick, made it 6-0 in the second half.

Forfar had to come from behind to win at Cumbernauld Colts. The lowest league side left in the cup, Colts opened the scoring in 12 minutes through Sarah Wardlaw. Forfar equalised through Laura Parsley before the interval and Julia Scott got the winner in the second half.